Saturday, January 13, 2007

Devoured

1 Peter 5:8
Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

I don't know if you've ever felt that way, but I certainly felt devoured today. It hit me toward the end of the day-as I was sitting discouraged-that I had been devoured, or at least toyed with. Why didn't I see it earlier? Why did it have to go on so long before I finally realized what was happening? I wonder sometimes if I will ever get to the point where I am strong enough and then I realize that my only strength comes in standing in the shadow of the cross-hiding behind my savior and allowing Him to fight for me-to rescue me. Jesus, please come and protect me.

1 comment:

Bunny said...

Hi Laura!

I just wanted to pop in and say hi, and let you know we're praying for you!

Love,
Julie