Sunday, May 11, 2008

Daddy's Little Girl

I think my dad would be proud of me. I know he is anyway, but I thought if he had been there yesterday, there might have been a bit smile on his face.

I was up in the mountains with other families in ReachGlobal. I guess it is a tradition (new to me) that they play baseball together. Because some equipment was forgotten, they decided to play with a tennis ball. Although it has been years since I picked up a bat, I allowed myself to be convinced to join the game. It ended up being a wonderful time together. We even had our own 'fan club' as a group got off a bus to eat lunch in the same are where we were playing.

So, why would my dad smile? Every time I got up to bat, I actually hit the ball:) (and got on base). Quite an accomplishment for me. I was just hoping to not strike out every time so I was a bit astonished. We ending up losing, but were all able to smile and laugh together.

So, my dad... He's an amazing ball player. I remember many summer afternoons in parks watching him play in games organized by his company. I also remember his patience in pitching repeatedly to me until I could connect with the ball.

All this made me wonder...what did I do today that made my heavenly Father proud? What would cause him to point me out to someone nearby and say, 'That's my daughter'? I hope that there are things each day that cause a smile to cross his face. I am sure some things I won't ever know about until I reach heaven. Hopefully there are more as days go by and I get to know Him better.

No comments: