Friday, February 05, 2010

Life

I'm so thankful for the many women who choose life for their children.

I recently traveled west three hours to Craiova to visit two other ReachGlobal families. While there, I enjoyed playing games, homemade pizza, good conversation, and homemade ice cream (after taking my turn cranking).

I joined these families for church on Sunday morning before my train back to Bucharest. Since I've visited previously, one of the young women in the church sat down and struck up a conversation with me. I learned she was nearing the end of her medical degree. As a part of her studies, she spent some time surveying women who were waiting to have abortions. To the question asking how many abortions she already had, one woman resonded 42. Another chimed in with 36. I nearly fell of my chair. One woman, 42 abortions. How horrible! How tragic! As a missionary friend joined the conversation she mentioned another woman who has one child and can't remember how many times she's been pregnant. What a travesty! Her hope is to open a clinic that will begin to change these staggering statistics. I believe that her dream is a gift from God and pray that God will bring people alongside her to help see it become a reality.

Life is too precious to throw away.

No comments: