Thursday, July 29, 2010

Ah, Motorcycles

What is the great appeal you may have asked yourself when hearing that I enjoy driving a motorcycle. As I drove from Hutchinson to Apple Valley this morning, I was trying to brainstorm the great things...
-better gas mileage
-use of carpool lanes
-the feeling of being closer to 'nature'--the smells of fresh cut grass, etc
-easier to stay alert
-maneuverability--fun of weaving within a lane or around obstacles
-time to think
-the community created--what other drivers wave to each other without even knowing who's driving in the opposite lane--it reminds me of tram drivers waving or blinking their lights as they pass other trams in Bucharest.

Certainly there are some drawbracks...
-helmet hair
-difficulty traveling in all seasons or during rain and other precipitation
-need to pack light

I'm sure there are other things...

No comments: