Saturday, October 16, 2010

Finally Feel Like Living

by Elizabeth Hunnicutt & Joel Hanson

I heard somebody say,
"The worst decision you can make
is to make no decision"
& I think they may be right,
I'm still trying to decide

Oh this feels like a collision
Cause what if I regret some choice along the way
What if failure finally catches me

If I want to fly
I'm gonna have to say goodbye
& start a brand new way of life
That finally feels like living
& I've got to to try
Stop holding on to all these lies
I'm tired of wasting all this time
I finally feel like living

I could wait until I know
just what to do & where to go
But I might be here forever
I could surrender to my fears,
like I've done for all these years
& never know if it gets better
There's a chance that I might miss
these old familiar walls
& these chains I couldn't even see

Oh I thought I was
But I wasn't living
I'm stepping out
Into a new beginning

I had the privilege of having lunch with a friend and talking about the future...the desire to walk a different path from this point, to move ahead in health and faith instead of remaining in ways that have become so easy and familiar.  I love that this song points toward that direction--the fear of leaving behind a life that has become comfortable and the tension of walking ahead into the unknowns.  It's a new beginning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of her/them before. Do you own her album or just his song? How'd you hear about her. I like her voice - the small clip I could find anyway :).
Love,
Rhonda

laura said...

Rhonda-
Elizabeth is my friend from college. I have both of her albums. She has another one releasing in Jan. I too enjoy her voice. I was trying to find a full version of the song somewhere online, but couldn't last night...