Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Letting Go

I have never been very good at letting go. Instead, I like to hold on to things for as long as I can. Perhaps it is a sense of security that comes from the known instead of the unknown. I've been reading recently about letting go. I can't say that I am excited about it yet, but I want to change my perspective from arranging for life here to looking forward to life in heaven. This isn't it-there's more and I keep being told it's better than here. At our spring music program one of the choruses illustrated the grandeur of heaven: In six days you created everything, but you've been working on heaven for two thousand years. How amazing it must be!

Dear Jesus, help me to dream of heaven, to have great expectations of what you are preparing. Help me to keep my eyes fixed on the prize instead of life here. Thank you for your patience with me as I hold more tightly than I should to things here. Help me to let go and trust you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a joy! Storms are awesome - we both love them!