Thursday, March 13, 2008

Pompeii








I never thought I'd get to visit Pompeii. After arriving earlier than needed for a conference in Rome, Jen Lipp and I decided to take the 2 hr train to Naples and then another 30 minutes later we were outside Pompeii. Because it was Women's Day (March 8) our entrance was free (a discount of 11 Euro :) ) It was amazing to walk through this town preserved from so many years ago. We spent 3 hours walking around through the streets and houses that cover the top of a hill and barely made a dent in seeing the entire city (which had a population of 20,000). We were able to see Mt. Vesuvius on our way back to Naples. Although the weather was rainy and cold, I am thankful for this opportunity to walk into history!

1 comment:

J mom said...

Love it friend! I have found more people enjoy these posts just for the pure info we never really share. Love you!