Thursday, March 26, 2009

Barcelona

One of my established goals is to make sure I get out of Bucharest at least once a quarter. This helps keep me sane and joyful in the midst of a not-so-beautiful city where I live and call home. I decided to seek out some sun this spring break and traveled to Barcelona. Although it was windy and a little cool, I spent time walking along the beach and sitting there too.

One of the highlights was the Sagrada Familia--a church in Barcelona that is still under construction. It's designs are beautiful and were created to mimic designs found in nature. What better way to honor the creator than creating a church honoring his designs. It was neat to travel to the top and see the roof closer up as well as see all around Barcelona from a height.

I took part of an afternoon and traveled out to the area near the Olympic stadium. The hilly area is covered with gardens and I spent time reading and journaling on the benches here.

From the castle on the hill, you have a great view of the harbor and sea. Beautiful!!
I forced myself out of bed a little earlier than needed on the morning of my departure to see the sunrise--well worth it!

2 comments:

DJT said...

Beautiful pictures, sister. I get goose-bumps seeing you in a sleeveless shirt, though! It is supposed to snow here tomorrow...

J mom said...

Ahh, to travel. Looks amazing. I miss you dear friend...