Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Jar of Clay

2 Corinthians 4:7-9
But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

I've mentioned before that I used to think that life was going to get easier. I've learned that isn't the case, but there's still part of me that is surprised when challenges come. Go figure.

Somehow it's still hard, even knowing the reality of it.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18
Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

I struggle, though, with not losing heart. It is so easy to allow my vision to be filled up with the troubles that seem anything but light and momentary. It's so easy to have those be the focus of my day. My thoughts spin out of control and the unseen somehow gets lost in the dust.

I've been asking God recently for eyes to see clearly. For him to bring light to my path and my life--that I wouldn't walk in the cloudiness and dimness, but that my life would be brought into the light.

Above all else, I want to see Him. I want my life to be all about Him. How far I have to go...

No comments: