Saturday, April 25, 2009

Raging Fire and Rivers

These last few weeks have been anything but easy. Had I already had a plane ticket, I might not have stayed. My mind and heart have been attacked and I've felt myself succumbing to doubts and confusion. It's hard to keep holding on to hope and truth in the midst of a battle from every side.

One of my friends, Elizabeth Hunnicutt, has written a song based on Isaiah 43 that has been playing over and over in my head (and on my iPod too).

Isaiah

Fear not, for I have redeemed you
I have summoned you by name, you are mine
You are precious and honored in my sight

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you
When you pass through the rivers, they won't sweep over you
When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned
For I am the Lord, your God

You are my witnesses and my my servant
Whom I have chosen so you may know and believe me
And understand that I am He

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you
When you pass through the rivers, they won't sweep over you
When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned
For I am the Lord, your God

I even I am the Lord and apart from me, there is no Savior

I love the truth that even though we walk through fires and raging rivers, we don't have to fear being overtaken. God has the victory. A friend recently reminded me that everything that crosses our paths has already been filtered through God. He knew, he knows, he's with me in the midst of it all. Praise the Lord!

No comments: