Sunday, October 25, 2009

ACT

One of my roles at BCA the past few years has been to proctor the ACT three times a year. It means getting up early Saturday morning for the trek down to school. As I took tests in the past, I always thought it would be so much better to be the one proctoring, but I've found (at least for me) that I would prefer to be taking the test.

As a proctor, I'm not supposed to engage in any activity (other than reading the testing handbook) during the entire test. That's 4 1/2 hours of sitting, walking around, and monitoring a handfull of students all set far enough apart so they couldn't possibly cheat. I've tried to make the best of it:) One of the things I've started doing is praying for the students taking the test.

This past Saturday, 4 of the 9 students were from BCA. I don't know them all well since two are new this year, but I prayed for God's provision and direction for their senior year and plans for college. I prayed along similar lines for the other students testing. During the break we talked a bit and from what I could gather, 8 of the 9 students are from Christian families living in Romania. What a neat conglomeration of students:)

Yes, I hope they did well on the ACT, but more importantly, I hope they do well in life--faithfully following God no matter what circumstances they may face.

No comments: