Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Filling Station

So, the first things that comes to mind is a gas station-at least in my mind. However in Bucharest this has taken on a new meaning for me...

Along the "canal" that I walk along (fondly called the DimboviĊ£a) there is a filling station. Trucks stop along here to fill their "tanks"-not with gas, but with water. The purpose: to drive around and "water the streets" before returning to start the process over. Why water the streets? I guess it helps keep the dust down-at least until the water evaporates. This goes on from spring until fall before snow and ice descend on the city.

I was thinking this evening as I walked home that it would be great if we had a place to be refueled. There are many days when I return to my apartment ready for refuge and rest.

As I pondered that, I realized that our "filling station" isn't confined to one location or season. If we long to be filled, God has promised to fill us. How amazing! No canal needed.

Matthew 5:6-Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.

Romans 15:13-May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Psalm 16:11-You have made known to me the path of life; you fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

Lord Jesus, please come and fill me with your love, strength, joy, and grace. Thank you for being available-anytime, anywhere.

No comments: