Thursday, August 18, 2005

FROG

Fully Relying on God

After I wrote my last email, I continued to see frogs everywhere-coming up the stairs in a house, inside a car door, clinging to random windows or doors. Somewhere in the midst of life, I lost count, but I didn't lose sight of the message-at least the one for me.

As I worked this summer to raise support, I was certainly asking God for his help, but I know that I was also doing things my way. As the time for my departure neared, it was evident to me that in my strength, I would not be returning to Romania this fall.

Graciously, God "began" (continued) to work and provide for my support needs. In two weeks I watched him blow away my efforts and provide in unexpected ways-beyond what I imagined was possible. As he began providing, I began to allow him to work, relying on His power and strength. My faith grew in ways I might not have chosen, but are necessary.

I wish I could say that I knew it was going to happen, but I only knew that God was able-not whether or not he was going to choose to act on my behalf in that situation in "my timeframe".

It is my prayer that I would continue to rely on God-fully and not allow what I perceive to be great strength in myself to interfere with the plans that God has for me-His timing and location.

No comments: