Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Rocks...

Rocks seem to have had great significance during the past years here in Romania.

I can think back to the chapel lesson during one of my first years here and how I illustrated God's immutability using a rock--it doesn't change even if you hit it against a wall or drop it.

There is a rock sitting on my desk that made the trip across the ocean with me as a reminder that God is my steadfast rock.

This year, each class is gathering a rock as a process of remembering and celebrating God's work among us each year at BCA. The rocks will be engraved with the years they represent.

Today at our staff meeting we spent the time making lists--looking back through the 10 years that BCA has existed and seeing how God has worked.
-new staff
-programs started--kindgergarten, food drive, basketball teams, etc
-classroom buildings provided
-babies born to staff
-housing provided
-special events
...and so many other things!
It was wonderful to flip through yearbooks and remember.

It gives a great sense of anticipation to think about what God is going to do this year!! May we be aware of His hand at work and be ready to join Him!

No comments: