Thursday, August 24, 2006

I Need Him

At prayer this morning, I had an amazing thought. Perhaps it will seem somewhat normal or even obvious to some, but it was somewhat revolutionary for my day today.

We started our second day of school today--with much rejoicing at what God has done in the lives of students and staff in the past months. We gave thanks for the teachers he provided and the amazing ways that he has been working. So as we began to pray in a small group this morning, it hit me. We still needed him. He had blessed us beyond what we could have asked or imagined and yet the days ahead still hold problems that only he can resolve. I still need God to be at work in my life. There won't be a day when I will have received all of the blessings or promises that "I can hold" in my lifetime or that I will somehow have figured out how to make it on my own. I need Him!

I think it's amazing that God knows that, and yet, he leaves it to us to figure it out-to want and need him. He doesn't force himself into our lives, but waits patiently for us to see our need and seek him.

Jeremiah 29:13-You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Seek on!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura,
Thanks for the update! I have been thinking about you since I saw you and have wondered how the new apartment is working out. I will pray for God to hold the dogs mouths closed like he did for Daniel and the lions. Today is the first day of school here and I am alone in a quiet house and loving it! You could pray for my leg, tho, as it is not healing and I am headed back to the doctor today, thinking I might need surgery on that achille's tendon. Also pray that my TaeKwondo instructor will refund my money ($2,000)since I can't go back for awhile. The Lord wanted me to slow down, but wow, I am shocked at the lengths he'll go to to make his point! Have fun on your retreat. It sounds like a great time! God will surely make it a time filled with connecting and blessings!

Love and prayers!!