Thursday, June 26, 2008

Ready For MN

It's hard to believe I am headed across the ocean in only a few days!

Because my visa expires in November, I have been working with my landlords (who live in Holland) to try and get the documentation I need to renew it. Today I went with her brother to the division for Sector 2. I had blocked off my entire morning to stand in line, go get copies, sign documents, and deal with whatever else came up. Because I have two landlords, the woman who was helping us needed a document from the second saying she was okay with renting the apartment to me. So, instead of coming back, her brother wrote the statement and signed it right there in front of the woman. I guess it's just a formality... But, it only took an hour. Think of all the extra time I have.

I have a woman coming to stay with me for a few nights who will be raising support to come and teach at BCA. So as I was walking home, I thought about buying flowers. The stands here are so beautifully arranged that they grab me:) After asking how much some were, I told the woman that I wanted 5 red gladiolas. She grabbed a bunch of red and a bunch of pink. I politely told her that I only wanted the red ones. She put the pink back and then picked up a few white ones to go with the bunch of red ones. Again I stated that I only wanted 5 red glads. She put a few back and then explained to me that I was getting a deal. But I only wanted the red ones. She started wrapping up the red and white ones and that's when I finally gave up and walked away. I guess I really didn't want flowers today.

The sidewalk in front of my building is torn up. Tram lines are no longer functioning as they undergo maintenance. It's hot (upwards of 90 already) and icky which means any type of public transportation is packed and even hotter.

I know I'm 'whining', but I'm ready to be in MN.

No comments: