Sunday, February 01, 2009

25 things

Some of you have seen this on facebook, but thought I'd post it here too...

1. I get great satisfaction out of cleaning my apartment, and usually get inspired to do this late at night.
2. I have started a Saturday morning tradition of being at Starbucks for a few hours--even though I don't drink coffee. This has brought on a love for jazz music.
3. Flowers and plants make me smile--whether I get them from someone or have to buy them for myself.
4. I love to travel, but I could do without airplanes.
5. I am becoming a fan of my ipod--using it on the way to school, church, mall, etc.
6. I love winter in Minnesota because it snows, but winter in Bucharest has brought lots of rain which is wearing me out.
7. Home is spread around the world: Lakeville, St. Paul, Hutchinson, Prague, Bucharest
8. My dream is to travel to all the continents--just have Australia and Antartica left.
9. I love my job! My class is the greatest--they make me smile, think, and learn.
10. I am very thankful for technology: ipod (mentioned above), computers, vonage phone, etc
11. I don't know how people get through a day without knowing God is on their side.
12. I love not owning a car!! Just think of all the ways my life is simplified--no need to find a parking spot, pay for gas, deal with repairs...and I get to spend my time on public transportation reading or listening to something uplifting instead of arriving at school or wherever frustrated.
13. Nap time is great!
14. I don't think I could survive without books--and am in the middle of at least 3 right now.
15. I can't believe how truly blessed I am!
16. My niece is the cutest thing--especially now that she can crawl:)
17. I sometimes miss having long hair.
18. I asked God to allow me to truly worship in Romanian, and he did.
19. I love to cook/bake and am thrilled with all the new recipes I've gleaned from people here in Buch.
20. I love having art up in my apartment--from people I know and around the world.
21. I love my family! and miss being near them.
22. I hate being late to things, but am learning to get over it.
23. Playing games with family or friends is a great way to spend an afternoon.
24. I can't wake up without a hot shower--although sometimes it is colder than I want.
25. I process my thoughts by writing.

2 comments:

J mom said...

I certainly have to agree with you on the airplane thing. What are reading lately? I'd love to hear.

Tom Becker said...

Great list! I can relate with #25.