Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Oh the Fun...

I was cleaning my bathroom this weekend and then it happened...

Like everything else in Bucharest, dust accumulated on the water meters under the sink. So, I figured I would just wipe them off. After one light touch, the hot water meter fell off. Somehow the ring attaching it to the pipe broke. Strange!

So, what to do... I called my landlord's brother (since she lives in Holland). He doesn't speak English so I had to learn a few new words: pipe, ring, floor. He called back and gave me the phone number for another Romanian who did the original installation. I then had to go through the process of trying to explain what had happened and what my availability was (since I won't be home before 8 the next two nights). What an experience.

Since I wasn't really thrilled about having someone come do work in my apartment that late, we settled on Saturday afternoon. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: