Monday, June 22, 2009

Different Worlds

I only traveled 20 hours, but it would seem that I'm in a different world:)
  • people leave their houses unlocked--we arrived at my sister's house to find she and Abigail were out shopping but we managed to make our way into the house
  • it's quiet--while driving, while sleeping, at any time...it seems so quiet
  • people generally obey traffic laws--whether it's the number of lanes or stop signs it all seems so orderly
  • I don't feel strange about leaving my purse in my car as I carry groceries into the house
  • air conditioning--it's cold
  • everyone has a car
  • fridges are huge
  • church services are shorter and kept within a certain time limit
  • hugs--it is fun to be around people that give hugs
  • family--most of my family lives in this world so I love to be around them
It's fun to be a part of this world and I'm looking forward to discovering more differences between the two worlds I live in :)

2 comments:

J mom said...

I am waiting for my hugs!

Lance said...

You shine great insight with this list, Laura. Maybe it's not a sin to schedule have time constraints on a worship service, but what if in our corporate worship we gave God as much room as we have in our typical American refrigerators(Or SUVs)?

Psalm 63:4-5 "I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you."