Saturday, April 03, 2010

Does it Seem Strange to You?

The closest airport to Kandern, Germany was the Basel/Mulhouse airport. This airport rests right on/near the border between France (Mulhouse) and Switzerland (Basel). We arrived in plenty of time before our flight. The check in area felt deserted so we found a chunk of chairs to wait in and I started repacking my suitcase to accommodate some of the purchases I'd made earlier in the day. I decided it was best to double check that we were waiting in the right area. After wandering for a bit I realized there were four check in areas (two located in France and two in Switzerland). It turns out we had to cross over into Switzerland in order to check in for our flight and arrive at our departure gate. No border crossing though since both countries are part of the Schengen Area (although it appeared that in the past you may have had to show passports as there were booths and personnel there).

No comments: