Saturday, November 27, 2010

Laura's Literary Development

During my birthday this week, I pulled out photo albums and scrapbooks from elementary school.  It was neat to flip through the pages looking at pictures I'd drawn, stories I'd written, and a variety of thoughts about life.  It made for lots of laughter:)

1st Grade:

The Blue Butterfly
Ond day I was sitting in the grass and I saw a butterfly in the sky.  It was cute and blue.  I tried to catch it but I missed.

The Day With Santa
One day I rode with Santa in his sled.  It was so fun.  I almost fell out.  But Santa grabbed me.  It was a close one.  I loved that day.

One day Ted went to the fridge to get some grapes.  But there were no grapes left.  He went to the store to get some grapes.  The store was out of grapes.  So he had to wait a week.  Then he got to eat all the grapes.

2nd Grade:

A Star Story
It looks like it's sort of squished up there.  It looks like there's not enough room for 1 million stars.  I wouldn't like to be a star because it would be squished.   I think it would be fun because yu might see a lot of things.  You might get sort of bored though.

The Castle of Gold
Once there was a castle of gold.  It was beautiful.  You would love to live in it.  The king and queen held a lot of parties.  You would have a marvelous time.  I probably would too.  You would love to own it.  So would I.  But in those days you would have your head cut off.  You would be sorry.  The End

3rd Grade:

I've Got the Touch
When I went to school I nibbled on my pencil while I was doing my homeowkr.  It began to turn to ice cream.  I was so surprised I almost ran back home to tell my mother.  I did not finish my homework because I did not have a pencil.  So I had to borrow one frmo my friend.  I went to band and started to practice my lesson but my flute turne to ice cream!  I ran out of the room and put my teeth o the handle of the door.  Oops!  I forgot about my touch.  The door started to turn to ice cream.  Oh, no!  I ran back to class.  It was time for lunch.  I ate my lunch in the classroom.  I went home early because I did not want to find out what would happen next.
(written after reading The Chocolate Touch)

No comments: