Monday, June 27, 2005

Strange !?

It is interesting that each time I return to Minnesota, there are different things that jump out to me as being very different from the way I live in Romania.

-stairs (don't have any in my apartment)
-large elevators:)
-"free" local calls
-air conditioning
-light switches inside rooms
-toilet paper on holders (mine is on top of the toilet)
-strangers that talk to you as you pass
-Andes mints/mint chocolate chip ice cream (see any pattern)
-my comfort in leaving things visible in my car
-immense number of products at Target (I still haven't made it through the store)
-how wonderful hugs are! (I just can't get enough)
-hawks on lightposts, hummingbirds hovering over flowers, deer wandering through the yard
-fast pace of life
-how "easy" it is to get things done here

Culture shock takes all different forms. These are only a few of the things that have been a bit of a surprise to me!

No comments: