Saturday, August 30, 2008

Status Update

As I walked home this evening, I was trying to figure out how to update my facebook profile. Sometimes I just can't figure out what to write and tonight I had all sorts of ideas. So here they are.

Laura...
-is thankful for cooler weather. It's great to feel a cool breeze and hear it in the trees.
-is learning phonics for the first time in my life. At least I don't remember learning these things before. I 'm going to be working with a student next week.
-spent today at school. It's the first Sat I've spent at school in years.
-enjoyed a great bowl of minestrone for lunch with Bill and Jane. We took a short break from school and enjoyed a delicious meal together!
-is glad that the Back to School event went well yesterday. It was great to see new parents and kick off the year in this way.
-is going to a different church tomorrow. I'm trying something new....we'll see.
-is watching 'West Wing'.
-is feeling ready for next week now that I actually have something written in my planbook.
-is thankful for supportive parents and administration.
-hopes to sleep well after a full day.
-got a ride home from the grocery store with lots of heavy things.
-is thankful for God's strength!

2 comments:

J mom said...

So my status update would be: "busy trying to get life under control." It seems like there is a ton on my plate this week and the list just grows instead of shrinks. I am still unable to find "crooked neck squash" for your sisters recipe. Maybe you could get me in touch with her so I can pick her brain a bit or do you have a suggestion?!

Anonymous said...

So if I am thinking of the right recipe that I may have given to Laura (Baked Ziti?), the crooked neck squash is just zucchini and/or yellow summer squash. I like to use a combination...