Sunday, November 30, 2008

I don't know where I got the idea, but somehow growing up, I had this idea that life would get easier. High school and college seemed so complicated, I guess I figured that somewhere along the way things would become more straightforward.

Although I've only 'walked' this earth for 29 years, I have seen things move the opposite direction. Decisions are harder and nothing seems 'easy'.

Even as I say that though, looking back on the hard times and seeing how God has used them in my life doesn't mean I would change any of it. I am thankful for the lessons God has taught me and the challenges he has walked through with me. I'm thankful for the way he doesn't allow me to stay where I am, but continues to encourage me to grow and in the midst of the hard times, he is working to bring me to be more like his son.

As I face challenges down the road, I can only be confident that I don't walk alone, and that God is working in it for good. I often have to resort to plan B, C, or Q... Isn't it neat to think that this is God's plan A. There isn't something coming that is going to surprise him...he's prepared and ready to stand with us, to fight with us and for us, to bring about good! Wow!!

On a side note: This idea somehow came up during a book discussion with my 6th graders. I shared my insight that they shouldn't think that life would become easier. They looked at me like they clearly knew that and my thought was strange...praise God they are wiser than I was in this way:)

No comments: