Sunday, November 09, 2008

Like my mom...

There are so many things I admire about my mother. One of the things I remember growing up is how she was always able to fix everything--the dishwasher, washing machine, toaster oven, microwave... Nothing ever died a 'quick death' around our house. She was able to sustain it's functionality well beyond what it might otherwise have been. And that's a good thing in case you were wondering.

This weekend, I decided to tackle my washing machine. It is only two years old (which is hard to believe), but I have been frustrated that it wasn't cleaning well anymore. So, I finally figured out how to remove the drawer where you put the softener, Calgon, detergent, bleach, etc. It was certainly gross enough to cause problems on its own. Then I figured out how to remove the 'trap' where all the junk collects. It seems strange that with all front-loading washers I've ever used, in order to remove this piece, you always end up with water pouring out onto the floor. In the trap I found 10 bani (not even worth picking up on the street) and some little stuff. But I think that most exciting thing was getting both of these pieces back in the right places and that the washer still functions correctly. Even more exciting is that my clothes are smelling cleaner again:)

No comments: