Thursday, January 29, 2009

Truth

What is truth?

This is the second year (I think) our seniors are walking through The Truth Project (Focus on the Family). I was asked this question toward the beginning of the year and don't remember now what I answered.

How would you answer the question?

I was offered the opportunity to participate in The Truth Project with a group of adults. Our first meeting was this evening and again the question was posed, What is truth.

The teacher in the video also asked another question: Why did Jesus come to the world? Although there seem to be many answers, the one he focused on was from the following verse.

John18:37
"You are a king, then!" said Pilate.
Jesus answered, "You are right in saying I am a king. In fact, for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

Amazing to think that beyond coming to save the lost, to give life abundantly, to bind up the broken hearted, that Jesus responded to Pilate saying He came to testify to the truth.

The rest of the video contained many other nuggets worth pondering and then ended with this question:

Do you really believe what you believe is really real?

I'd love to hear your thoughts:)

No comments: