Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Daddy

I've enjoyed spending time with my nieces this past week. Abigail is just over 2 years old and Ellinor is 7 months old. They have a swingset in the backyard that we spend time at nearly every day. This weekend as we played outside, my sister got up to talk to her husband, calling him by his first name. For the next few minutes after that Abigail and I talked about why she called him Kyle but that she got to call him Daddy. She enjoyed trying out Kyle, but quickly reverted back to Daddy.

As I talked with her of the privilege of calling him Daddy and probably how much he enjoys hearing her use that word, my thoughts were drawn to our heavenly father. I wondered if he feels the same way if we choose to come to him with titles and names instead of drawing near and calling him Daddy. It's an amazing privilege to know that He's our Father.

No comments: