Saturday, June 05, 2010

Quilting

I finished a new quilting project this past week. It's been in the making since last summer as I made plans for how we could honor our director who resigned at the end of the school year. Each class made one of the squares and the elementary and secondary staff participated with squares as well. On the reverse, I traced the hands of each BCA student and wrote the names of each staff member. Then, the sewing began. I'd never made a quilt with squares and borders such as this, so it was a bit of an experiment. I'm thrilled with the way it turned out and think it's a great testimony to the legacy that Jen leaves behind.

2 comments:

dbecker said...

Wow, Laura! That is BEAUTIFUL! Great job. I am sure that Jen will cherish that for many years to come. I didn't realize she was leaving. I'd love to hear more about that. When do you return to the US?

Love you!

laura said...

Thanks:) It was fun to work on a different style of quilt than I've done before. Jen will still be in Romania, but she has resigned as director of BCA. She'll be studying language full-time in the fall and has a desire to open a preschool. I head to MN June 19.