Friday, August 20, 2010

Likemindedness

(No, I'm not sure that's a word, but I sure like it!)

I'm in the beautiful state of Idaho (I had to drive off the beaten path a little way to discover the extravagant beauty) and just finished my first graduate level class--a two week, 4 credit, crash course in educational therapy. I was joined by 16 other students and two instructors (most with more life experience than me which made it loads of fun!). Together we explored techniques to help struggling students be successful in school. My heart was encouraged as I sat in the sessions imagining the tangible difference this could make in the lives of students and their families. It was an incredible blessing to be surrounded by men and women who share a similar passion--loving, helping, and protecting children. I found my passion and desire growing by leaps and bounds. How cool is God to orchestrate these types of situations in our lives--to bring us in contact with men and women who can fuel the passion he's placed within us.

No comments: