Friday, August 20, 2010

Orchestra Conductor

I'm continually amazed at the way God orchestrates events in my life. 

As I sat in class the past two weeks learning about amazing techniques to help students, I couldn't help but wonder how I would begin to use them (knowing that if I wasn't able to practice this year, I'd find it harder to remember the following year).  I kept setting the questions aside, figuring that I'd wait and see what developed once I got settled in MN next month. 

As we were packing up today (our last day of class), I found myself in conversation with the director of the Idaho Learning Center talking about Minnesota (where she grew up).  She asked whether I had a job using nild (program that I just learned) and I explained that I really didn't have anything lined up yet but was going to just kind of see what happened.  She asked a few more questions about where I'd be living and then shared that she had family in the same general area that might be looking for an educational therapist to work with their son. 

Wow!  Out of the blue it was just a reminder that God sees all the details and sees what's going to happen around the corner--whether it seems like a blessing or problem.  What an amazing God we serve!  I'm not sure that this situation will work out, but the reminder was such a blessing!  It's not because I'm someone special or that God takes special interest in my life---it's who He is!

No comments: