Saturday, May 07, 2005

Thunder

Bucharest was hit with a thunderstorm that came back again and again during the day yesterday. Scattered throughout were times of sun and calm and then a bolt of lightning and rolling thunder would signal the impending rain. The streets of Bucharest were flooded with the rain when I ventured out and I ended up mostly soaked on my walk home-only intensified because I had left my umbrella at home.

It made me think of how God cleanses us-completely and thoroughly, again and again. He takes and washes everything away-as far as the east is from the west just as the water swept away dirt and debris. It never returns to us. May we allow God to completely cleanse us and allow our dirt and debris to be completely washed away. May we believe that he has truly forgiven us and satan has no business bringing things up again.

No comments: