Saturday, April 05, 2008

Every Nation, Tribe, People, and Language

Revelation 7:9-10
After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people, and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.
And they cried out in a loud voice:
"Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb."

As I stood in line to get on my flight back to Bucharest yesterday, I realized another wonderful thing about 'coming home'--I know that language. It made me smile (in spite of my sinus junk and runny nose) to listen to the Romanians around me carry on conversations. I could understand:) After a week of feeling confused every time I heard Korean, it was amazing to hear a foreign language--and understand!!

We came across this passage in chapel earlier this spring. As I was thinking about language, this came to mind. How cool will it be to be home (heaven) together to worship our King together. I wonder how we will communicate--will we all be able to understand other languages, or will there be a common language, or does God have another way to allow His children to communicate? Are you excited to go home?

No comments: