Saturday, April 05, 2008

Korea

Although Rome has such history, I feel like my time in Seoul was a treasure hunt--I never knew when I was going to walk around the corner and see a temple, palace, wall, or another piece of history. It was a joy to visit my friend Maria and see parts of her life in Ansan (just outside of Seoul). As always though, it is wonderful to be back home!
In front of Gyeongbokgung Palace. Yes, I'm the little person in the picture. I wasn't able to go inside this palace, but the outside was amazing! This is the main entrance--huge.
















In the garden area of Changdeokgung Palace. Signs of spring were just showing up in Seoul.


I walked along the wall in Suwon--it was quite a hike to the top of the 'hill', but it was a beautiful view of the city with a palace in the center surrounded by a modern city.

No comments: