Monday, September 15, 2008

Old Friend

When I first got back to Romania in August, I went to the grocery store. Not really that exciting except that I couldn't find a couple things that I was looking for. Sometimes, that's not all that unusual, but one of the things was a certain type of Gouda cheese that I have been fond of since I first came to Romania back in 2001 (I think). It's been around and in most grocery stores since that time. So, I was a bit surprised it was no longer at Mega Image. I then went to Gima since they also had carried it. I struck out again. I sort of gave up on ever seeing it again, and started trying to find another cheese I could stomach. Yesterday on the way home from church, I stopped in a different Mega Image (one I'd never entered) and decided to glance for the Gouda cheese there. I couldn't believe that one Mega Image would carry it while another didn't. Crazy! So, I'll be stopping there on the way home from church each week. It was great to be able to enjoy omelets and pizza this week without cringing at how the cheese overwhelmed the flavor of everything else:)

3 comments:

J mom said...

Cheese, Cheese, Cheese. It is a funny thing that you and my wife are so enamored with your Cheese.

Jason

laura said...

What can I say...there's just something about having good cheese!

Jennifer Poole said...

Proof you're from the midwest....