Thursday, September 18, 2008

Responsibility

One of my top five strengths is responsibility. I'd like to think that as a strength, it's a good thing, but sometimes it is really frustrating to be responsible. I start feeling guilty for not getting everything done immediately. I wish I could always have things done on time or even ahead of time, but I'm beginning to realize that it isn't always possible...and maybe even more than that, sometimes it's okay. I've been feeling stressed about something that I've been meaning to have done for two weeks, and yet as I express that to others, they aren't the least bit concerned that it still isn't finished. It's grace in action for me--to hear from others that I can let go and rest and then get started on things again.

1 comment:

Jennifer Poole said...

Amen, sister. I greatly empathize. God is good though, to let you see and feel that grace from others. He gives us an easy yoke. Not that life is easy, as you know, but God is so faithful! Thank you God!!