Saturday, September 20, 2008

Tagged

I have been tagged by my dear friend Mandy.
1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. List 6 random facts about yourself
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post
5. Let each person know they've been tagged by commenting on their blog
6. Let the tagger know the entry is posted on your blog

Six 'new' random facts about me:
1. I love grapefruit. I've gotten back into eating them again recently! I love peeling them (like an orange), taking each section and removing the fruit and not eating the 'skin' pieces. I know that's probably where a lot of the nutrients are, but I just don't like it. When I was growing up, I used to put the 'fruit' in the freezer for a bit and then eat it. Great!!
2. Music makes the world go around. Even now as I type, the silence is deafening. When I'm tired I find it a bit harder to concentrate with extraneous noise. I like to have music on in the background as I work.
3. I love to travel, but I almost despise flying. I used to love it! That was back in the day when you could almost count on having at least two seats to yourself. I remember the days of being able to sleep on 4 or 5 for hours. Those were the days of traveling in bliss:)
4. I love teaching. So maybe this isn't a new bit of information, but I am really enjoying being back in the elementary classroom this fall. It's a challenge and I think teaching secondary classes is easier, but I wouldn't trade my class for anything. Two favorite parts are our morning meetings and read-aloud time. (We're reading Flush by Carl Hiaasen)
5. My toenails are always painted. I can't stand the sight of them without nailpolish and it makes me smile:)
6. I love playing games. That's probably one of the things I miss most about not being around my family because we are always playing games. I'll have to wait until Christmas in Prague to get my fill I guess:)

I'm going to break the chain and not tag six people since I don't know that many more people who haven't already done this:) Feel free if you haven't to post six random facts:)

1 comment:

J mom said...

Thanks for giving it a whirl. I sure miss you!